GeneralLatestTOP STORIES


The Lebelo family from Block R, Soshanguve experienced an unfortunate event on Tuesday evening when their shack caught fire burning everything. They allegedly suspect the cause of the fire might be faulty electrical cables. During this incident that occurred no one was harmed, however this led to the loss of their home and leaving them with nothing.

Sabelo Clement Ntuli a community activist who has been helping the family to rebuild their shack and asking residents to contribute said on Wednesday they took it upon themselves to help the family to rebuild a new shack. An amount of R700 was contributed to buy material needed the only thing which they did not have was windows and doors but someone was able to give them windows and another one contributed a door.

Furthermore he said, “someone yesterday brought them cement to make a stomp. We were able to build a shelter for them but still need warm clothing, blankets, and food.”  In addition, the family members were devastated and shattered because everything they worked hard for went down the drain including their identification documents. However, home affairs were able to make a temporary identity document for the victim so that she can register to make new documents for her daughter and sons.

On social media, King Arturo said “sad thing to happen to any living human being. Tebogo Khoza said “it is a nice thing that the community is collaborating and taking it upon themselves to help this family and small things can make a huge difference.

”In conclusion, Ntuli said “I plead with anyone who can assist to do so, and those who what to contribute clothes and shoes the kids age’s & gender are as follower boys: 7 & 4 years old and a girl 11- years and mother 32- years. SAPS were not present at the scene of the incident and their councilor allegedly came to see the family and made a contribution of 200 rands. #ladi_jaja?

By: Nthabiseng Makhubela.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *