SECOND CHANCE FOR UNPLACED LEARNERS.

As from Wednesday the late registration intake will resume as per the directives of the Gauteng Department of Education. This will afford an opportunity parents who did not apply for their children’s placements for the 2022 academic year. Parents and guardians can log in on www.gdeadmissions.gov.za to apply, however, only schools with capacity will appear on the system.

According to the department more than 17 000 applicants did not submit all the necessary supporting documents to the schools they applied for or uploaded it on the system during the allocated time period. All applications, which were submitted without supporting documents were deemed unsuccessful. According to the department, a total of 1 465 applicants also remain unplaced. The department said a total of 276 564 Grade 1s and 8s online admissions applicants have been successfully placed.

Last year, the department opened its online applications in two phases and phase 1 applications were for parents whose children were in Grade 7 and who will be going to Grade 8 this year. Phase 2 applications were for parents or guardians whose children will be going to Grade 1 or Grade 8 in 2022 but were not in a public school in Gauteng.

“We would like to plead with parents to remain patient as our officials have been working around the clock to ensure that all learners are placed at a school as soon as possible,” Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi said. Spokesperson Steve said that to deal with the pressure of placement the department has invested in more classrooms. “We have transferred over R240 million to schools for the construction of classrooms. These funds will enable the construction of 229 classrooms in identified primary schools and 270 classrooms in identified high schools,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: